news from Testwell
- CTC++ Host-Target add-component upgraded to CTC++
v5.2 level December 2003
- The new heap-based counter area allocation skema
can now be used also in target testing. This helps easier coverage
measuring of modules that are freed from memory during a test run.
- The CTC++ sale packages restructured November
- They are now
- "CTC++" (the default host-based package of the
tool, available on some platforms)
- "CTC++ Host-Target add-on" (an add-on package
facilitating target testing. The host platform can be any, where the
normal CTC++ is supported)
- "CTC++ for Symbian Target Devices" (an add-on
package facilitating code coverage measuring at Symbian OS mobile
phones, requires CTC++ on Windows)
- CTC++ extended for Symbian OS mobile phones
- A CTC++ add-on package, called "CTC++ for Symbian
Target Devices", has been released (v1.0). It facilitates code coverage
measurements at the Symbian OS target devices, i.e. at the mobile
phones itself. Note that the CTC++/Windows variant of the tool has
already supported code coverage measurement at the Symbian OS EPOC
- Withdrawing CTB, TBGEN and TCMON tools
- The unit testing tools CTB (C Test Bed System) and
TBGEN (Test Bed Generator for Ada(83)) and the code coverage tool
TCMON (Test Coverage Monitor and Program Bottleneck Finder for Ada(83))
have been withdrawn from our product offering. For some time still the
latest descriptions of these tools can be found from here: ctb, tbgen, tcmon.
- Our UK-distributor is now called Techcore
(change of name) November 2003
- Our UK distributor Innovative Infomedia Limited has
changed its name to Techcore.
- CTC++ v5.2 available October 2003
- Lots of enhancements and bug fixes: ctcmerge
utility introduced, instrumenting for function call trace, enhancements
in CTC++/Visual Studio integration, improvements in timing
instrumentation and reporting, more Symbian support (EPOC emulator
context), on Windows platform support for more calling conventions, etc.
- Verifysoft Technology GmbH, a new distributor for
Testwell tools August 2003
Testwell is pleased to announce that Verifysoft
Technology GmbH is a new distributor of Testwell C/C++/Java testing
tools. Verifysoft is primarily handling Germany, Austria, Switzerland
and France countries, but they can serve also customers from Benelux
countries, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia.
Verifysoft is located at Offenburg Germany, see more from http://www.verifysoft.com.
- CTA++ v3.0.1 available August 2003
- Primarily made for the sake of Windows
platform: support for more calling conventions, support for use inside
a DLL, etc.
- Testlight GmbH's agreement to distribute Testwell
tools terminated April 2003
- This distribution agreement has been terminated.
Customers who have acquired a Testwell tool license via Testlight GmbH,
and if having questions or if needing support, can now contact Testwell
(support(AT)testwell(DOT)fi). Testwell is currently discussing of new
arrangements on how the local support, sales and marketing of Testwell
tools in the German/French speaking Europe is set up and improved.
- CMT++ v3.4 and CMTJava v1.3 GUI upgrades on Windows
- The Windows variants of these tools have been
rebuilt containing now a better GUI v2.1. The initial release of the
GUI was v1.0 from September 2002. In October 2002 v2.0 of it was
- CTA++ v3.0 available, introducing CTA++ Integration to Visual Studio March
- On Windows platform CTA++ can now be used directly
from the Visual Studio GUI. It facilitates, straight from Visual Studio:
- Generating the test bed components (test script
main program, test cases, stubs)
- Editing the test script with the Visual Studio
source editor. Only the essential test-logic is needed from you. The
whole test bed infrastructure comes from CTA++, either as being
generated or via the test-oriented macros and other services of the
CTA++ run-time library.
- Compiling/linking, running and debugging the test
- Viewing the test results, both in in textual and
- Use of a code coverage tool is just behind of a few
mouse clicks, see CTC++ Integration to Visual
- Can be used to test language entities, like a C++
class, or operating system entities, like a DLL.
- In the core CTA++ v2.3.1 --> v3.0 upgrade
(available on all platforms) there comes some bug corrections and
enhancements. Worth mentioning is introducing the capability to assert
expected stub call order.
- Innovative Infomedia Limited, new distributor
UK/Ireland March 2003
- Testwell is pleased to announce that Innovative
Infomedia Limited (IIL) has been nominated to a distributor of selected
Testwell products for serving the UK and Ireland customers. IIL is a
UK/London based company conducted by Mr. Vishal Tah. Mr. Tah has a long
experience and excellent records in marketing similar products to
demanding customers, last at Parasoft as Sales Manager - Major Account
in the UK and Scandinavia. You can reach IIL from http://www.iil-uk.com.